- Riverfest Events Schedule
- Volunteer Application
- Non-food Vendor Application
- Arts & Crafts Vendors
- Riverfest Duck Race Tickets
- Riverfest Sponsorship/Donations
Riverfest is an admission-free event that celebrates Farmington’s rivers, trails, and parks over the Memorial Day weekend. Vendors, games, and events are located throughout several parks and along over a mile of trail. Some of last year’s fan favorites include live music, The Weiner Dog Races, River Rafting, Car Shows, Beer & Wine Garden, Kid’s Activities, Tractor Rides, a 5 and 10K walk/run, American Indian Dances, One Nation Gourd Dance, Tractor Rides and so much more! Check us out on Facebook, @RiverfestFarmington, for updates.
Riverfest is truly a community supported event. The River Reach Foundation is so very grateful to everyone that puts in money, time, resources and effort to make this event happen. We feel that Riverfest is a true testament to the awesome folks who live, work, and play in Farmington and the surrounding communities. If you are interested in vending or volunteering at Riverfest, please click the appropriate link above and fill out an application or call us at (505) 716-4405.
In 1987 the River Reach Foundation, then less than one-year-old, started a festival to celebrate the recognition of a new trail built along the Animas River in Farmington NM. Approximately 500 attended the two-day event. Appropriately called Riverfest, it was created to bring people to see what a fledgling organization, along with the Parks Department and private donations had accomplished.
That first Riverfest was just the beginning of something that has become a signature event that occurs in Farmington every Memorial Day weekend. Riverfest is now over 30 years old and has become an enjoyable family event for all, with over 24,000 people attending yearly!
It Takes a Village…
Who puts on these events anyway?
Riverfest Operating Committee – Riverfest is organized by River Reach Foundation board members and Community Partners that take on various tasks, committees or items. They volunteer a tremendous amount of energy, time, and effort to putting on Riverfest and are at the heart of all things Riverfest!
Community Partners – are community groups and city entities that actively contribute to event festivities. We so appreciate our fabulous community partners, we hope you do to!
Sponsors – are vital to our events. Riverfest and Riverglo are sponsored by community businesses and individuals that appreciate the value of community events that bring people and visitors to our river areas. Thank you to the businesses and individuals who have shown such generous support of our events!
Volunteers – The key to our success! During (and before) events many people take time out of their busy schedules to help out and do what they can. We thank our awesome volunteers for their time and dedication; there is honestly no way we could do it without you!
Visiting the Farmington Area?
Make sure to take some extra time wander around and experience the diversity of our outdoors. From Rock Crawling to fishing and general wandering, this area truly is a place where outdoor lovers thrive, and a dirt road is just the beginning. Here’s a few of our friends and favorites:
Camping – Brown Springs BLM Dry Campground. This is a very nice walk-up (No reservations) dry camping facility right in the sandstone and stars. Perfect for OHV-ers to hit the trails. You won’t find any info on the BLM website yet so make sure to save or print out the attached camping permit, have it displayed on your vehicle, and leave the area clean for others. GRRA Camping Permit.
The Beach at Lake Farmington – Watch for the new campground with anticipated opening of May 31st.
RV Parks – Find your options here: https://farmingtonnm.org/plan-your-trip/where-to-stay/rv-parks/
No camper? You can rent one from Quality RV and Sport Rentals. Drop off to your campsite available too! http://www.rentqualityrv.com/
- Home2 Suites by Hilton is a short distance from Animas Park and the Riverfest Trail. They have a special rate of just *$89 per night (Regularly $119) Just for Riverfest! Reserve by calling 505-325-1500 and ask for the Riverfest rate, and receive a Riverfest goodie bag- Just for you upon check in! *Limited rooms available. Does not include taxes and fees.
- The Farmington Court Marriott is literally steps from River Reach Terrace and Riverfest activities. Call (505) 325-1111 ask for the Riverfest rate, and receive a Riverfest goodie bag- Just for you upon check in!
- Silver River Adobe Inn – Farmington – United States
Check Out the Neighborhood – Events and Happenings: Official Website Farmington, NM – Visitor and Area Information
- Float the River: Raft Rides will be available at Riverfest, but if you want to cover a little more ground the river is float friendly from Aztec to Kirtland NM, with the recent revamp of the Penny Lane floater friendly Landing.
- The Beach at Lake Farmington – Watch for the new campground with anticipated opening of May 31st.
- Lions of Wilderness Disc Golf Course
- If you’re in the Navajo Lake neighborhood, you gotta stop by Wines of the San Juan
- Navajo Lake Marina is newly redone, family friendly and awesome.
- Aztec Ruins National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
- Hiking and Biking
Riverglo is another great event that started over 20 years ago in 1998. Over 2,500 luminarias line the trails along the Animas river and are a true sight to behold. Several music venues, a live Nativity scene, Santa, and of course hot-coco, have turned this event into a Farmington tradition. The event takes place on the first Friday of Decemeber at sunset. Visit our Facebook page, @RiverReachFoundation for updates.